How does one submit withheld money to the IRS?

August 15, 2011

From:  John
Date:  Fri, 30 Apr 2010

How does one submit money to the IRS for withholding on a 1099? What form is used to report the withholding?


Date:  5 May 2010

Hello John,

First, you have to have an employer tax number to withhold the tax. You apply for one using Form SS-4. Tax deposits can be made with a depository bank using Form 8109, which you can request from the IRS. Alternatively, electronic deposits can be made. The withholding is reported using Form 945, Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax. You can find these forms at

Good luck!

Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2190 Stokes St. Ste. 102
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 998-2766
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Connect on Google+
Our Blog

Sign up for our free monthly newsletter,
Tax & Business Insight,
for the latest tax news!

subscribe html
unsubscribe text only

We respect your email privacy!