Where can I find a good audit representative?

May 5, 2003

Subject:  Audit Help
From:  Gabe
Date:  Fri, 11 Apr 2003

My wife and I are being audited for the year 2000. We had mistakenly visited Weatern Tax service in Anaheim, CA that year on the advice of a friend and have been notified that the company is under investigation by the I.R.S. for tax fraud. Most claims are being audited because of "gross inflation of deductions." Western Tax service was to represent us in the matter, but we're now being told that the individual who would act as power of attorney is no longer with the company. We're now checking into having someone represent us. What are the steps? Than you in advance for your time.




Date:  30 Apr 2003

Since the company who prepared your returns may be under criminal investigation, you should find a tax attorney who specializes in IRS disputes to represent you. You can call your local bar association for a referral. You can also try calling some local CPA firms and ask them for a referral to a tax attorney who specializes in IRS negotiations.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy