How can I claim mileage from one job to another?

August 22, 2011

From:  Christine
Date:  24 Jan 2009

Good morning,

I have two jobs and was told I could claim the mileage from one to the other. I have searched and can't figure out what form I need to do this. Could you please help?



Date:  4 Feb 2009

Hello Christine,

The mileage is claimed first at Form 2106, Employee Business Expenses, and then as a Miscellaneous Itemized Deduction on Schedule A. Note that Miscellaneous Itemized Deductions are reduced by 2% of Adjusted Gross Income, and are not deductible when computing the Alternative Minimum Tax on Form 6251.

It's hard to really get a tax benefit from employee business expenses.

Good luck!

Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy