Who will be taxed for the shares in my daughter's college fund?

August 18, 2000

Subject:  Tax question please!
Date:  Mon, 17 Jul 1999
From:  Herbert Jesswein

A few years back my father transferred into my name some common shares. The intent was that I would be custodian of these shares for my daughter to start her college fund. The share price of the stock has appreciated since the transfer. My question is: In whose hands would the sale of these shares be taxable. Mine or my daughters??

Herb Jesswein


Date:  28 Jul 2000

Hello Herb,


Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy