Do you have a corporation tax organizer?

May 29, 2002

Subject: Re: Corporation Tax Organizer?
From:  Blake
Date:  Thu, 4 Apr 2002

Do you have a Sole Proprietor Corporation Tax Organizer? Or do I just use the one you have on your website?

I am in the Real Estate business and have Incorporated myself.

Can you do Corporate taxes on a Personal and Business tax filing or do the Corporation taxes have to be done on a separate tax form?



Date:  April 2002

Hello Blake,

You really need to find a good tax return preparer to work with.

A separate income tax return must be prepared for a corporation. Even when there is a single shareholder and the corporation has elected under Subchapter S to have its income taxed to the shareholder, the corporation must still file its own income tax return.

Preparing a corporate income tax return is quite different from preparing the income tax return of an individual, so using the tax organizer for an individual income tax return is not appropriate.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy