Where do I report my trustee fees?

August 24, 2001

From:  Cecil VanDyke
Date:  Wed 01 Aug 2001

Where is the proper place to report fees earned as a Trustee of a Family Trust for 2001?

Thank you.



Date:  17 Aug 2001

Hello Cecil,

Assuming you aren't in the trade or business of being a trustee, report the fees as "Other Income." This is line number 21 on Form 1040 for 2000.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy