Can I contribute to a SEP and file joint with my husband?

February 26, 2007

Date:  Thu, 04 Jan 2007
From:  Anonymous

I own my own company and am an independent contractor with no employees. I will earn about $60,000 this year.

I want to contribute to a SEP. I file a joint income tax return with my husband. Does that affect my ability to contribute to a SEP?

Thank you.


Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 2007



Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy