How do I report someone not paying their taxes?

June 5, 2002

Date:  Fri, 17 May 2002
From:  Anonymous

How would you go about reporting someone that you know is running a business and paying some of her employees cash, and is not doing the social security stuff she should be?

Thank you for your help.


Date:  Mon, 3 Jun 2002


You can call the Internal Revenue Service. They are listed in the Federal Government section of the white pages in your telephone book. These situations often come to light when "employees" file for unemployment benefits after termination.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

For answers to new questions, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight by filling out the form below.

Home    Newsletter Archive    Introducing Michael Gray, CPA    Articles    Tax FAQ   Need Help?    Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Our Blog

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy